Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Corri Bristow- Sundell: artist series take 3


Welcome to the artist series, where one special creative person is chosen each week to showcase their work. Today, we have Corri Bristow- Sundell and I'm so excited for you to see her work. I've admired Corri's art for years. She is in inspiration to me and I always look forward to seeing what she's working on. 


Artist: Corri Bristow- Sundell


Age: 35


Occupation: Stay at home/freelance editorial (mostly) illustrator mama who is opening a local foods cafe (with hubby)


From: Little Rock, AR



What kind of art do you make?
It's mostly combined media, I suppose.  A little bit of everything...drawing, painting, collage, cut paper--all mixed up.


What inspires you?
To make art?  Life does!  It's how I best tell my stories.


As a busy mom who works, what motivates you to make art?
Oh, it's just there.  It's me.  Like I said, life inspires and motivates me to tell my (and other people's) stories, and this just happens to be my way.  Some people are great storytellers, others are writers, and I make pictures.




What's next for you?
Well, My husband and I are opening a local foods cafe in downtown Little Rock.  That is, we'll be sourcing our inventory from local farmers and other local businesses.  This is a big change for our family and our lives in general, but it's something we've been working on for a couple of years now, and it's something we care a lot about.  


We've done a lot of catering and stuff like that, so we've made a lot of connections with a lot of the farmers here in Arkansas.   And we just started paying rent on a charming little building downtown.  Setting up is still in the works, but we're moving along.




I'm still making art too.  I have a show at a local gallery here in Little Rock at Gallery 26 in August.
























For more info on Corri's Art and her new cafe in Little Rock, AR, see the links below.

Thanks, Corri!


    www.corribristow.com

     www.therootcafe.com   










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...