Monday, January 10, 2011

Ruby Bansal: artist series take 2


Artist Series, take 2
In an effort to showcase what creative folks are doing out there, I've decided to interview them and share a few tidbits about who they are and what they are doing. Since i love fashion, art and design, it's always fun to see what others are doing, especially those who you had no idea were into making stuff. So, that's what this series is about, showcasing people's work that you otherwise might miss. And now... 


Mrs. Ruby Bansal


Ruby,  33,  is a sewer, crafter, blogger and mom of 2 precious children (in no particular order :) and oh by the way, she's also a molecular biology research fellow. She also happens to be a friend of mine, and I really wanted to share her designs with you because they are awesome. 


Q & A


How long have you been sewing, Ruby?
I've been sewing since I was a kid. It all started with a needle and thread and making clothes for my Barbie Doll. I've only really become obsessive in the past few years.


What inspires you to sew?
What doesn't inspire me to sew!  It started with wanting to make stuff for the kids.  Then I discovered amazing designer fabrics and books with great projects and now so many amazing blogs......sometimes the inspiration is overwhelming and i have a hard time focusing.


How do you juggle a being mom, having a career and finding time to work on projects? 
Well, I find time when I can.  In the evenings John (hubby) will play his guitar while I sew or I'll cut fabric while the kids are coloring etc.  More recently Meera (sweet little daughter) has started coming down to my sewing room and having free reign over my scrap drawer. 


I give her some small scissors and a needle and thread and she creates too.  The blogging gets pieced together where I take photos one day, fiddle with photos and upload another and then add text later.  I started keeping a sewing/blogging journal so when I have an idea for a post or project I write in the journal so when I do have free time and I can go back and work on some of my ideas.  The journal has really helped me keep track of ideas and keep the creative juices flowing.


What's next for you?
Keeping it fun. I've been selling off and on in some local stores and have discovered that for me, this is all about enjoying myself.  It's fun to earn a little money to support my fabric shopping habit and to put some beautiful and unique kid and baby stuff out there.  


I enjoy sharing what I make through my blog and it's fun to know that people are interested and maybe feeling a little inspired.  


Love it!

To see more of Ruby's handmade creations, go to:


Etsy: www.zaaberry.etsy.com 


Blog: www.zaaberry.blogspot.com


aren't these cute together?


 How cute is Ruby's stuff? I love it all!
And by the way, Ruby will custom make something just for you or your cutie pie, if you ask nicely~


Thanks Ruby for sharing your beautiful, handmade designs. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...