Thursday, January 3, 2013

What's Your Theme for 2013?


Tis the season for reflecting over the past year and thinking about the next one. I did a bit of that on New Year's Eve here. How about you?  Do you make New Year's Resolutions? How does that go for you? Mine don't usually go so well. I'll write stuff like "exercise" and guess what? I'm still a sloth.  I like the idea of coming up with a theme based on feelings instead of particular goals. It's the feeling I'd like to conjure- because in the end that's what we're all after anyway, right? So why not just cut to the chase and go for the feeling.

My theme this year is lucky.

I want to feel super dooper lucky in 2013. It might be the year of misnomers as 13 is usually unlucky, no? Not for me, I'm going to be one lucky hefa! I think I'll write it down and keep track, too. For example, my bro sent me this awesome x-mas package that came late so it felt like a big surprise and inside was a box full of my favorite brand of lotions, potions and girly stuff plus a gift cert to my absolute favorite store. Did I feel lucky? Hell yes!

I'd like to know, how do you want to feel in 2013? I asked a few of you on Facebook for your themes and you said...
Original image from Laurent Photography





Leave a comment below and tell me:
What's YOUR theme for 2013?

4 comments:

  1. my theme for 2013 is International

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lucky is a good word because it's so ironic considering it's year ending in "13"!


    My word is Unstoppable! Tag line: To the finish! I linked to your post and blogged about my word here: http://melannmorales.com/2013/01/2013-unstoppable/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Mel Ann, let's check back in later this year and see where we're both at~ Unstoppable sounds very determined.
      Desha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...