Last January, I participated in Amanda Upton's workshop: Complete, Create, Celebrate. During that blissful three hours of yoga, meditation, reflecting and dreaming my word for 2013 emerged, it was LUCKY.
Last night was New Year's Eve and I asked my husband to write down how he felt Lucky in 2013 to add to the jar. Then, we took turns pulling out slivers of paper and read them to each other. It made us realize that 2013 has been VERY good to us.
|Lucky Jar 2013|
1. I signed my first book contract and got the idea for Sweet Spot Style.
2. I worked with 16 talented contributors and 3 professional photographers.
3. We are all healthy.
4. We received over $16,000 in unexpected financial abundance, most of which we used to remodel our kitchen.
5. I found a hundred dollar bill in a fountain in New Orleans :)
6. My daughter loves her school, teacher and classmates.
7. Family trip to Disney World (a dream come true for my daughter and her Gigi).
8. We love our home, and feel grateful for it.
9. Hubby and I went to a Kripalu Retreat for couples that has profoundly changed our relationship.
10. I had a smooth and loving transition from my four years at Marlboro College.
|Last night, my daughter declared her word for 2014 was ICE. |
Then she won a raffle for 10 free passes at the rink.
Later that night, we took my daughter ice-skating. She said her word for the 2014 would be ICE because she loves ice-skating! (Well, her first word was CANDY, but I asked her to think a little more deeply about it- ha ha!).
Shortly after, she won a raffle at the rink for 10 free ice-skating passes!!! A fine example of how gratitude really does bring in abundance, and sometimes it is immediate!
As I say goodbye to 2013, I should let you know this will be one of the last posts on this blog, as I prepare for the launch of Sweet Spot Style. It seems appropriate to post my new word and expectations there for 2014.
Until then, sending light and love to you all. I hope you had a joyous 2013, and may your heart's desires be fulfilled in 2014 as well.